Simply put, sustainable lighting just makes sense. The environment benefits from reduced waste, and customers benefit by reduced energy costs. At LightCorp, our earth-conscious mindset and sustainable engineering know-how show in every product we design.
At LightCorp, respecting and protecting the environment is a critical corporate priority.
Earth-conscious design and manufacturing
LightCorp continually revisits and revises our environmental policy, which seeks to:
- Comply with environmental laws, regulations, and other requirements
- Evaluate our products, operations, and facilities to reduce environmental impacts
- Design products to help our customers reduce energy usage
- Pursue prevention of pollution and waste elimination of any kind
- Promote environmental knowledge and awareness
- Promote environmental policies to employees and the public
Recycle your lamps and reduce mercury exposure
After fluorescent, ultraviolet, neon, and metal halide lamps are used, a small amount of mercury remains inside. Keep it from contaminating landfills by disposing of those lamps separately from regular commercial and building waste.
Some states require businesses and building owners to recycle mercury-added lamps. Consult your local waste disposal and public works authorities for lamp recycling requirements and opportunities. And, discover the many EPA-funded programs dedicated to lamp recycling at lamprecycle.org.