Supply Chain Lead I
August 25th, 2021
The primary responsibilities of this role are twofold. One area is to develop supply chain performance and manage supplier relationships/alliances to benefit LightCorp customers, including contract negotiation and supplier selection. Along with this responsibility the Supply Chain Leader I will initiate and sometimes lead cross-functional material cost reduction projects. Second, this position is responsible for leading and supporting the Production Control Team to provide the highest level of customer service possible.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain or Business Management
- Minimum 2 years experience in supply chain for a manufacturer of goods preferred
- Working knowledge of Lean systems and tools is a plus
- Working knowledge of ERP systems is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience in leading and developing professional team members
- Able to make good decisions that produce favorable results
- Stable under pressure
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Able to build strong professional relationships internally and externally
- Lead, develop, and maintain a high performing Production Control Team
- Manage material availability to support the needs of our customers
- Manage departmental cost to the budget
- Manage material cost reduction efforts to meet Supply Chain reduction goals
- Manage Inventory ratio to revenue to meet Supply Chain goals
Essential Job Functions and Skills include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Negotiate and maintain inventory commitments and contracts with key suppliers
- Assist Production Control Team in obtaining parts when they are unable to do so (e.g. national backorders, component allocations, inventory adjustments, order spikes, etc.).
- Support and complete assigned tasks for ECRs, VA/VE projects, Specials, and Corrective Actions
- Support Supplier Quality Engineer in addressing scorecard related issues with suppliers
- Maintain supplier master pricing and communication of cost increase/decrease from suppliers
- Manage parameter reviews and evaluation with Production Control Team of the ERP drivers such as forecast, order multiple, order quantity, lead time, safety stock, days of supply, etc.
- Manage on-site physicals and maintain subcontract inventory accuracy
- Support Supplier Development Manager-Asian Markets as required for scouting and proposing new/existing suppliers abroad
- Locate new sources of supply, establish new suppliers, consolidate/change suppliers as needed
- Identify and manage obsolescence of components/products through balance out of inventory
- Support implementation of Supply Chain Team initiatives that support company needs
- Team player with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization – bridge builder
- Mentors and trains Production Control Team on Supply Chain and Customer Relation skills
Occasional travel to suppliers and customers may be required.
Please e-mail email@example.com for inquiries or to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.